Attackers and bullies only go after people who look like victims or "easy targets" because they are less likely to fight back or stand-up for themselves. A person who stands with confidence, speaks assertively, and is
aware of their surroundings are statistically less likely to be a victim of an attack or bullying and can often talk their way out of a potentially bad situation. Our Krav Maga for Kids Personal Development curriculum develops these skills through very specific children's stories, discussions, role-playing, drills, and games.
Also, we want our young students to develop other positive character skills such as goal setting, focus, and integrity. These skills will increase their chances of being successful in school and other areas of life.
The Personal Development curriculum is divided in to nine main Character Skills, with each individual skill thoroughly taught for a few months and then rotated
to the next skill.
The nine main character skills are the qualities commonly found in successful people. The nine main character skills we teach include: Confidence, Attitude, Goals, Respect, Self Esteem, Perseverance, Focus, Discipline, and Integrity.
"Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve." - Napoleon Hill
- Practice - Anything you do will improve when you try extra hard.
- Self Image - Positive self image will improve your attitude.
- Visualization - Use your imagination to see yourself accomplish something.
- Stand Tall - Body language is as loud as your voice: use it to send a good message.
"Attitudes are contagious. Is yours worth catching?" - Author Unknown
- Positive Thoughts - Believe in yourself!
- Resolve - Make up your mind to finish what you start.
- Expectation - Set high standards for yourself and set the example for your peers.
- Willpower - The power of your mind drives you to success.
"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." - Tom Landry
- Specific - Know exactly what you want and how to achieve it.
- Motivating - Keep a positive attitude and believe in yourself.
- Achievable - Set high goals and develop steps to make it easier to reach them.
- Relevant - Remember why your goal is important to you.
- Trackable - Make sure that you can measure how you are progressing.
"Respect is something that is earned, not commanded." - Patrick Lewis
- Manners - Show others that you value them by being polite.
- Follow the Rules - When everyone acts within the guidelines there is harmony.
- Communicate - Listen to gain understanding, talk to clarify your thoughts.
- Thoughtful - Think of another person's needs before your own.
- Self Esteem
"Of all the judgments we pass in life, none is more important than the judgment we pass on ourselves." - Nathaniel Branden
- Unique - You are special and unlike anyone else in the world!
- Brave - Dare to be different: conformity is boring.
- Proud - Act in a way that will make you feel worthy of honor and respect.
- Appreciate - Recognize your value and believe in your potential to succeed.
"It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer." - Albert Einstein
- Diligent - Always pay attention to the task at hand.
- Consistent - Perform to the same standards every time you do a task.
- Tenacious - Never give up!
- Drive - Force yourself to do your very best every time!
"Don't waste time calculating your chances of success and failure. Just fix your aim and begin." - Guan Yin Tzu
- Concentrate - Use all your energy and thoughts to accomplish a single purpose.
- Train Hard - Working on the one thing that is most difficult will make it your best skill.
- Expectation - Prepare for the best outcome and you will get nothing less.
- Foresee - Believe in your ability to reach that goal by imagining the future result.
"With self-discipline all things are possible." - T. Roosevelt
- Self-Control - When you know what you're supposed to do AND you do it!
- Leadership - Set a good example for others.
- Responsible - You are in charge of your actions and feelings.
- Plan - Make a map for your goals and stick to it until you achieve them.
"Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching." - Jim Stovall
- Honesty - You always tell the truth.
- Character - The positive, unique qualities that make you the person you are.
- Trustworthy - Everyone knows they can depend on you to do the right thing.
- Conviction - Standing up for what you believe in.
Copyright © 2012 Koch Martial Arts and Fitness. All Rights Reserved.
Give your Child the Gift of Confidence
We want you and your child to have a positive experience with us! For any reason you are not happy with your training you can cancel your
membership within the first 30 days and receive a full refund of your tuition.
"I've trained in Krav Maga for over a dozen years and martial arts for 30 years...starting when I was 5 years old. This unique background has given me the experiences to create
a highly effective and fun children's curriculum with our Krav Maga for Kids program.
The personal development skills I've developed through many years of martial arts has helped me immensely with my professional and personal life. I've owned and operated successful martial arts schools
and other businesses since I was a teenager and feel very content knowing that I have an occupation that helps improve people's lives. However,
I'm most proud of my happy relationship with my girlfriend of over 13 years and helping raise her son, both whom I love so much! I strongly believe I would not be anywhere as a successful or happy in all aspects
of life without the personal development skills I've acquired through Krav Maga and martial arts.
Hypothetically speaking, if someone would approach me and offer me $1,000,000 but in return I had to lose all the skills I've acquired through Krav Maga and martial arts, I honestly would say 'no way!'. That's how much I believe in the Krav Maga for Kids program and what we do."
Owner - Krav Maga Worldwide(TM) Offical Training Center
Pompano Beach, Florida
Detailed information about Krav Maga Training Principles, System, and History.
Watch a Class/Get a Free Gift!
Everyone is invited to watch a class and as a thank you from us you will receive a
Please contact us for class times.